The Board of Pollybell farms has a moral & legal obligation to safeguard our customers and the environment by aspiring to operate a safe, injury free and healthy workplace serving food that is always safe to eat and to minimise, our impact on the environment.
Our primary concern is that the food we serve is prepared to the very highest standards using quality products and ingredients and as the very minimum we will comply with all relevant legislation and approved codes of practice.
The Board is fully committed to the implementation of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety (Version 8) and to the relevant retail protocols which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management
To ensure this best practice we have developed a Quality and Food Safety Manual setting out the standards and operating procedures which the Board is committed to ensure compliance throughout its production & packing operations. These are based on sound science, regulatory requirements, and industry best practice.
We will regularly measure compliance against these standards and implement performance objectives to assure our clients and customers that we are providing food which is safe to eat while meeting their quality expectations.
We will ensure that: –
- Product is grown, procured and handled in accordance with EurepGAP, FPC , & relevant Retailer’s standards and protocols
- Food always prepared under sanitary conditions that do not expose it to the risk of contamination
- All employees are provided with the information, training and tools necessary to do their job in a hygienic and compliant manner
- Employees comply with all company food safety policies and procedures
- Management assume the role of supervision of our employees for compliance and conformance with these Standards
- Our suppliers and contractors work to the same standards.
The Board will ensure that the appropriate resources are committed towards implementing this policy and that our policies and standards will be communicated to all our employees.
Our food safety performance will be considered at every management meeting and the Board will review this policy annually to ensure that it continues to reflect the aims and aspirations of the company and keeps up to date with legislative requirements.
James Brown, Managing Director